Saturday 3 May 2014

Clinique- Anti Blemish solutions



For most girls like myself, it hits that time of the month and my skin goes into overdrive. One minute I’m fine, the next I am dealing with a monstrosity of spots on my face and no matter what I do they will not budge off my skin. Usually I have quite clear skin unless I have been having a tough week and the takeaway habit has been practically every night.

Lately I have been a bit less stress free and turned into a bit of a health freak by eating freshly prepared foods and hitting the gym more so naturally my skin looks clearer and brighter but doing late nights in the library can sometimes bring on stress spots as well. I personally believe clear skin is one of the best secrets to feeling confident and I am always trying spot creams and face masks to keep my skin looking at its best.

Whilst buying the 3 step cleanse set from Clinique, I was told if I bought any other Clinique product I would receive a free tin full of Clinique’s best selling products and of course I just couldn’t resist although my bank card was glaring at me in shame with my spending habit.

I bought the 15ml Clinique Anti Blemish solutions for £14, just to try it as if like any product I am not happy with I will not re-purchase. The 30ml is £20 which is a better deal but I had never used a clearing gel before, so I was a bit skeptical.

After the 3 step cleanse set from Clinique, I applied the clearing gel every night for 2 weeks to see if it made a difference to my skin which at that point was looking spottier than usual due to the stress of university, my poor sleeping pattern and bad diet. I applied a small amount to a cotton pad and wiped all over my face. The assistant did tell me I would feel a tingly sensation when first applying but to be honest it felt like my face was burning. I do have very sensitive skin so this could have been the reason.

After a week of using the spot solution I did notice a change in the way my skin looked. I apply make up every single day without fail and I found my foundation was applying better as I didn’t need as much to blend and cover spots. I think the solution is worth it as the results are quite amazing but I wish I had purchased the bigger bottle as I have nearly run out after a month of buying this product which isn't too great on my dwindling bank balance.

Have you used Clinique anti blemish solution before?

7 comments:

  1. I haven't used any products of Clinique before but some of my friends really love this brand! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend trying some Clinique products, they are amazing! xo

      Delete
  2. Ahh I really want to try this! I used to be die hard Clinique everything when I was younger and had great skin but then switched to a Mac foundation which caused havoc! I've gone back to their foundation but still get the odd few spots- really tempted to get this! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clinique was always a treat for me at Christmas time off relatives but now I have to keep stocked up with their products. It is honestly worth every penny!! xo

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I've always used Clinique make-up and find other brands/products always cause irritations to my skin. I absolutely love the 3 step routine as I can really see a difference - plus it leaves my skin so smooth! I tried the anti-blemish solutions moisturiser when I was writing my dissertation and gained a lot of spots/skin irritation from stress. After a couple of days I could see a huge difference and it's by far my favourite moisturiser! Now summer is coming, I can't wait to stock up on their chubby sticks! Marianna (HappinessinaCupcake.com) P.S. My last comment repeated itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Marianna. I have yet to try the chubby sticks but I have heard such good reviews about them that I need to purchase one. I'm glad someone shares so much love for Clinique products as much as I do :) xo

      Delete