Tuesday 25 June 2013

Elvis Jesus fragrance launch, Manchester



Thanks to my internship at IloveManchester, http://ilovemanchester.com/ an online lifestyle magazine ‘for people who love Manchester’. I was lucky enough to be invited to The Elvis and Jesus fragrance launch Thursday 20th June at Sakura bar, Deans-gate, Manchester.

On arrival I was greeted by a luxury red carpet and was handed a goody bag once I confirmed I am from IloveManchester. The theme for the night was masquerade, which gave me an excuse to wear my masquerade mask. Once inside, tall models wore masquerade masks and sequinned lingerie to fit with the theme. A burlesque dancer entertained the guests by dancing in a life-size martini glass.



As it was my first launch party I didn’t know what to expect, but I was made very welcome and received free drinks all night at the bar, such as cocktails, and vodka and cokes. I also munched on some very yummy chicken and red pepper skewers canapés. I did try the vegetarian sushi canapés but unfortunately I still dislike the rubbery taste of them.

When I managed to sit down in a secluded booth, I couldn’t believe my eyes when I opened the goody bag to find two 50ml bottles of his and her fragrance. I also found a 50% discount voucher off their well known Manchester, clothing brand, founded in 1997, which is dedicated in selling quality clothes.



I managed to speak to the director of the perfume, Mark Earnshaw, He told me, “Both fragrances have been in the making for 2 and half years, so we could make sure, it smells perfect. The womens scent has a very masculine smell, as we wanted to represent the Elvis and Jesus fragrance, as the rock and roll brand everyone knows. The box is shaped like a bible, which offers a chapter inside of how the brands origins began”.

The first sentence inside the box reads:“Embracing  a rock and roll philosophy born out of the counter culture musings of the likes of Kinky Freidman, Hunter S Thomson and even Karl Marx, Elvis Jesus epitomises the anti capitalist dystopian rock and roll rumblings subverted the establishment far back as the people think, write chant and sing their passions”.

The synopsis of the Elvis and Jesus brand, inside the perfume box gives you a real feel of what the brand is about. I adore how it is set out, like a chapter from the Bible as it adds to the brands religious name ‘Jesus’.

The fragrance for her is presented in a glass bottle with the iconic guitar logo which is coloured in a rose gold. The smells contrast from fresh bursts of Cherry, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Elemi and Peppermint which is blended with a woody backdrop of Nutmeg and Rose, Jasmine and Cinnamon. The woody blend with Cedar, Vanilla, Tonka bean and the all important rock and roll smell of leather gives the floral scent a powerful masculine smell.



I have been using my fragrance, every day since the launch and I must admit I have fallen in love with the scent. I am on the go a lot of the time, especially with my new internship, so I want a perfume that will last all day without having to re-spray. At £39.00 a bottle, I think it is well worth every penny. The bottle and box alone make it stand out from any of the other fragrances on the market. It brings out the old inner rock-chick in me.

I will be taking a trip to the Trafford centre, Manchester very shortly to see if I can bag my- self a bargain with my 50% voucher off the Elvis and Jesus clothing line.

Both fragrances retail at £49.00 100ml or £39.00 for 50ml and can be bought exclusively from The Elvis Jesus store, The fragrance shop and selected Elvis Jesus clothing retailers.

The top two images are taken by Craige Barker Photography. The other images are my own.

What’s your favourite fragrance?


Lots of Love Miss Vintage Vibe xo

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having a fab time at the internship chick!
    Great photos & goodie bag :)

    Kerys | Little Bo Blab
    -xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment hun :) xx

    ReplyDelete